“Fagot” is a Soviet portable anti-tank missile system with semi-automatic command wiring guidance.
It is designated to hit visually observable targets both stationary and moving at the speed of up to 60 km/h (enemy armoured vehicles, shelters and fire assets) at the distance of up to 2 km, by the missile 9М113 – up to 4 km.
Modernized version – 9М111-2, missile version with the increased flight range and armour penetration – 9М111М.
The system consists of:
- folding portable launcher with control equipment and starting mechanism;
- missile in the launching container 9М111 (or 9М113).
The system includes:
- folding portable launcher 9P135 (9P135М) with control equipment 9S451 and starting mechanism 9P155 on the machine 9P56;
- missiles 9М111 (9М111-2) in transport and launching containers;
- testing equipment and other auxiliary equipment.
Missiles 9М111М, 9М113, 9М113М of the “Faktoriya”, “Konkurs”, “Konkurs-M” systems can be used from launchers 9P135 (9P135М). After putting “Konkurs” system into service missiles 9М111 can be used also from its combat vehicles 9P148.
In 9К111 system semi-automatic missile guidance on a target is used – control signals are transmitted to the missile via the wires. In case of the combat application of the system the gunner guides on a target and the missile is automatically put to the aiming line. Launcher ensures guidance at elevation within +/- 20° and 360° azimuth guidance.